In Christ, the Lord has given you the tongue of the learned!

Yesterday I had a discussion with my husband about how I would introduce my *cleaning lady* to a friend. (I don't have a cleaning lady. She's something else to me😜) She's much older than I am and I also consider her as my friend, so I was concerned that she might get upset if I said something like "This is my cleaner. You can use her services too." My husband suggested something else but I thought she could read some meaning into it and still get upset. I wouldn't want to get her sad or upset. And then I remembered parts of Isaiah 50:4 which says:

“The Lord God has given Me
The tongue of the learned,
That I should know how to speak
A word in season to him who is weary.
He awakens Me morning by morning,
He awakens My ear
To hear as the learned."

This is our Lord Jesus Christ talking about Himself and this is who we believers in Him (whose righteousness is found in Him and not what we do or don't do) are today because "...as He is, so are we in this world" according to 1 John 4:17.

As the righteousness of God in Christ, not under law but under grace, we don't have to worry about what to say or what to do when we are anticipating an event or at any other time for that matter. John 14:26 says: "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you."

The conversation I had with my husband made me see that the "good" thing one says can cause as much trouble as the insensitive or the bad. This situation is also reflected in how a kind boss can reward his loyal and hardworking employee with a new car and the employee dies in a crash involving the car after taking it for dedication in his church. The boss did a good thing but it still facilitated death!

Reminds one of Adam and Eve eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which points to the law and its works. They didn't just eat the evil part of the tree. They ate the good too - The good that one does under the law can kill just as fast as the bad! The letter kills but the Spirit gives life. Believers, life in Christ is eating from the Tree of Life! He is the Bread of Life. We are saved and counted as righteous in God's eyes not because of what we do or don't do but because Jesus took our place on the cross.

In Christ, we get to do and say the right thing at the right time always; we always have a word in season for the weary because "It is no longer I who live but it is Christ who lives in me."

Are you stumped about what to say at that presentation? Are you worried about the content that your kids watch on TV since you can't be there with them all the time? Are you worried that your job doesn't give you enough time with your kids? Are you worried that you are not doing enough? In all of this and your failings, God still sees you as perfect and spotless because of what our Lord Jesus did for us. Cast your burdens on Him and His peace that surpasses all understanding will flood your life - you will Live Right and everything will work out for your good only by His grace.

Trust in Him to do it all for you and you might find yourself going about with a pen and notepad in order to jot down the smart things you find yourself saying:) Yet not you but Christ in you!

Believe Right and you will Live Right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does one partake of the Lord's Supper in an unworthy manner?

Repentance - what is it?

What does it mean to be a "neither cold nor hot" Christian?